PVC Roofs are the Cadillac of Commercial Flat Roofs Systems
PVC roofs are the most mature of the synthetic roofing systems available for your commercial flat roof.
…You can’t go wrong with a PVC roof!
- Exceptional Durability
- Chemical Resistant and Fire Retardant
- Relatively Expensive Compared to TPO
- Quick, Safe Odorless Installation
- The Potential to Last Indefinitely – When combined with roof coatings.
We installed this 55,000 sq ft PVC roof for the Employment Development Department (EDD). View more projects »
PVC Roof Strengths
Why should you choose a commercial PVC roof for your business?
- Durability – A UV-resistant PVC roof will last 20-30 years. This material is tough and resistant to tearing, natural elements, and punctures. It can also hold 300lbs per square inch. When combined with a roof restoration, PVC roofs may even last a lifetime.
- Known Quantity – PVC has been on the market 50 years. That’s nearly twice as long as TPO, the current industry darling. TPO is cheap but it’s performance is still an unknown. Although manufacturer’s will provide a 20 year warranty for TPO, PVC’s track record is proven and trusted.
- Head Welded – The seams won’t leak if the roof is installed properly by our expert team.
- Low Odors – Low VOC mean business won’t be disrupted from bad smells.
- Chemical Resistant – PVC is resistant to harsh chemicals and animal grease. It is a great option for restaurants, roofs close to airports, and those in areas with high contamination levels.
- Disaster Resistant – PVC withstands high winds and strong storms, up to Category 3 hurricane levels.
- Mold Resistant – The most important mold it resists is mildew, a black mold that can health issues in addition to smelling bad.
- Energy Efficient and Recyclable: These “cool roofs” earn LEED points from the Green Building Council. In addition to having highly reflective surfaces to slash energy costs, their material is 100% recyclable.
- Fire Retardant: PVC is fire retardant, meaning that it doesn’t support combustion, burns slowly, and is difficult to ignite. They can even extinguish the fire if the source is removed.
PVC Roof Weaknesses
- It is more expensive than TPO or a roof coating, because of its high performance.
- PVC is not suitable for application over an existing roof. The previous roof will need to be fully removed.
- In the event of a fire, PVC may release toxic chemicals that can cause health issues.
No roof is perfect for every situation, but we can help you find the one that best meets your specific needs and budget.
Ready to ask for your FREE Estimate? Call us at (925) 724-2324.