Frequently Asked Questions
- Are current commodity fluctuations affecting your pricing or affecting production capabilities?
The freezes last winter in Texas caused extensive shortages that have affected roofing materials supplies. Timber prices have skyrocketed, but are expected to stabilize later in the year as production ramps up to meet demand. COVID also affected worldwide shipping causing numerous delays. Ask your sales rep about any expected delays in your production schedule.
- Do you do residential?
No, we only do commercial roofing and construction.
- Are you licensed?
We are a California state licensed commercial roofer and general contractor.
- Are you insured?
We are fully insured and will provide this information with our bids.
- How much is a roof inspection or estimate?
- Where do you have HOA-specific insurance requirements?
We regularly do HOA-specific roofing and waterproofing jobs. Your sales rep will be happy to provide any documentation when you call.
- Do you have a list of client references I can call?
Yes, we will provide them upon request, and don’t worry, you won’t be the first person to call them all.
- What if something goes wrong?
Mousa, our superintendent, runs a tight ship. But something always happens on large projects. When it does, he’ll take care of it ASAP.
- Your bid wasn’t the lowest. Why?
ACS is competitive, but we don’t cut corners. Some companies bid low, then hit customers with change orders. We minimize change orders, preferring to be accurate and transparent.
- What job size do you handle?
No job is too big or too small. We do them all. Please review our projects page »
- Why should I feel good about doing business with you?
We’re a family business and the second-largest veteran-owned business in the Bay Area. So you know we appreciate the value of a job well done.
It’s simple. Honesty and integrity are the keys to our success. If we promise something, we deliver, even if it hurts.
- What types of roofs does ACS prefer and why? For existing flat roofs, we often recommend roof restoration. It costs significantly less than a roof replacement but can extend the life of your roof by 10-20 years.
If you want an inexpensive and long-lasting roof, TPO is the most popular choice. TPO is cost-effective and has really good material warranties.
If your roof has a lot of chemical exposure, or you are concerned about fire, we feel PVC is the best. It’s durable and self-extinguishing.
- What advice do you have about warranties?
In a nutshell, material warranties guarantee that roof materials won’t fail. They rarely do, but they are useful because they demonstrate manufacturer confidence in their product.
Roofs most likely to leak along the roof perimeter or around penetrations, so ask about your “workmanship warranty”. Make sure it guarantees your roof won’t leak due to installation errors.
And yes, all our work comes with one.
- What are your preferred brands?
We prefer Carlisle, Firestone, and GAF. We’ve seen them perform well over the years. They are a good balance of cost-effectiveness and durability.
- Do you do construction?
Yes, we are one of the few companies that perform both roofing and commercial construction division.
- Are you on LinkedIn?
Yes. Please check us out here »
Still, have questions? Please call (925) 724-2324. We’ll be happy to answer them.